Mozambique Market overview
Mozambique is the world’s 36th-largest country.
Mozambique’s most important mineral reserves are located in its central provinces of Tete, Manica and Niassa.
World largest countries
of total world population
- Mozambique is located on the southeast coast of Africa. Its space is 309,475 sq mi (801,537 km2); Mozambique is the world’s 36th largest country
- Mozambique is divided into ten provinces and one capital city with provincial status.
- The current population of Mozambique is 30,751,037 as of Wednesday, October 10, 2018, based on the latest United Nations estimates. Mozambique population is equivalent to 0.4% of the total world population
- Mozambique is a net importer of goods and services and its main imports are petrol and bauxite which indicates that it has a shortage on these minerals
- Mozambique’s Export Volume of All Items Including Goods and Services (Percent Change) in year 2015 is 1.533 %
- Mozambique’s Expenditures is always greater than its revenue. And hence its fiscal balance is suffering from deficit all the time
- Revenue (% of GDP)
- Expenditure (% of GDP)
- Fiscal balance (% of GDP)
Mozambique main import partners in 2017 :
- South Africa 36.8%
- China 7%
- United Arab 6.8%
- India 6.2 %
- Portugal 4.4%
Mozambique main export partners in 2017 :
- India 28.1%
- Netherlands 24.4 %
- South Africa 16.7 %
Opportunities in Mozambique is good
Despite its infrastructure constraints, Mozambique’s sound business environment has been favorable to investment for two decades. This fact, in conjunction with
- Low taxes and
- A general lack of political interference,
Place the country and Southern Africa at the forefront of attractive mining destinations.